CHURCHES

 

POSITION

PROJECT NAME AND LOCATION

EMPLOYER

PROJECT VALUE IN THOUSANDS OF USD

CONSTR. PERIOD


DESCRIPTION OF WORKS

1)

The church and pastoral center at Budaševo

Zagreb Archbishopric, Zagreb, St. Mihael parish, Preloščica

1904

November 2001 - under construction

Parish church building, type central, liturgy space of 280m2,  sanctuary of approximately 60 m2, and a sacristy, sanitary facilities, associate rooms approximately 50 m2. There is a peripheral chorus on the first floor of approx. 115m2. The center of the liturgy space is 10m, and under the chorus it is 4m.There is a bell-tower 32 meters high, raising from the middle of layout. The church building is connected with a lower building of the pastoral centre, which has two floors, whose layout surface is 300m2 each. The ground floor consists of a parish office, library and hall for religious teaching and service rooms (sanitary ware, storage, boiler-room, garage), the upper floor consists of parish apartment rooms.
The church's construction is made of reinforced concrete (eight girders, monolithic slabs, pilots). Roof frame is made of wood, with steel fillings. Pastoral center is a building made of brick, with ring girders of reinforced concrete and ceiling slabs. Roof frame is made of wood. Cover is made of crown tile.

2)

Parish church "St. Kvirina Biškupa", Sisak

Zagreb Arch-Bishopric, Zagreb, Parish "Sv. Kvirina Biškupa", Sisak

1884

Building - August 2000 to May 2002,
Environment - March 2003 and still under construction

Parish church building, type basilica. Liturgy space (surface: 385 m2) is divided into 3 naves. Side naves are 10 meters high, and the middle nave is 14 m high. Sanctuary has an area 118m2. The front part of the building has three floors (ground floor, chorus area=160m2 on the first floor, and a hall area=100 m2 on the second floor) A bell-tower is risen from the middle of the building, 36,80 m high. On the back part of the building there is a parish office on two floors with a sacristy, offices, waiting room and sanitary ware, and a polyvalent hall in the basement and service rooms (boiler-room, sanitary ware, wardrobe, and storage). The area of that part is 269m2, on two floors.
The construction is made of reinforced concrete (walls, monolithic slabs, pilots and beams). The roof frame is a combination of wood and steel construction. All walls are plastered; the floors are made of stone, ceramic plates and parquet. The roof cover is made of copper tin. All installations were executed. Liturgy space is floor heated.  There are chase heaters on the roof.
Environment works are still not finished (earthworks, installations, greening).